What are some valuable lessons you had to learn the hard way?
We grow up watching our parents. Watching their every move. Sometimes we look at their accomplishments and hope to be just like them, sometimes we look at their mistakes and hope to be nothing like them.
While it’s true, we do learn from the people around us… some things you have to experience for yourself in order to learn from them.
Sometimes the most important life lessons are the ones we learn the hard way.
Here are 21 lessons some learn the hard way:
1. You can’t make someone love you
You can be the sweetest, richest, prettiest person in the world, but that doesn’t mean that everyone will love you like you love them.
2. Regret hurts far worse than fear.
3. Running away from your problems is a race you’ll never win.
Sometimes it’s necessary to confront your obstacles in order to move beyond them.
4. The truth comes out eventually.
Like my mom would always tell me growing up as a kid… ” If you tell the truth, you’ll never have to remember what you said” because the truth never changes.
5. Closed mouths don’t get fed.
Speak up for what you want and what you believe in.
6. Money can’t buy you happiness.
…or love. If you have to bribe someone into loving you, they’re not the one for you. Plain and simple.
7. Humble pie doesn’t taste good at all.
The people you’re laughing at on your way to the top, just might be the people you’re crying to on your way back down.
8. It’s not necessarily what you say, but how you say it.
Speak your mind, but do it with love. Harsh words can hurt a person more than physical pain
9. Not everyone who disagrees with you is an enemy
…. and not everyone who agrees with you is a friend.
10. God doesn’t always come when I want Him.
….but He’s always on time.
11. You can’t change anyone.
Don’t waste time trying to change someone else. Pray about it and let God do the changing.
12. Just because everyone is doing it, doesn’t mean it’s right.
As Christians we have an obligation to stand out from the world and be examples.
13. No one is promised tomorrow.
Cherish the people God has placed in your life. Hug them, tell them you love them… because once their gone, you will wish you had.
14. Letting go is hard, but sometimes necessary.
Not everyone is meant to stay in your life forever.
15. Two wrongs don’t make a right.
God will take care of the people who did you wrong. Don’t make it your mission to get even. Tit for Tat only makes you as wrong as them.
16. For some people, “Im Sorry” really means “I’m sorry you found out”.
Forgive them even if they are not sorry.
17. You have to love some people from a distance.
Pray for them and wish them well.
18. Jealousy is an ugly trait to have.
You”ll never have enough or be good enough if you’re always comparing yourself to others.
19. If God closes a door, stop banging on it!
Sometimes rejection is His protection and sometimes it’s simply time to move on.
20. You always find out who your true friends are when you’re at your lowest.
Some people will wish you the best, as long as your best is benefiting them.
21. The grass is always greener where you water it.
Anything worth having is worth working for.