I have a prayer request for my marriage. My husband and I have started to argue a lot. I mean everyday there’s an argument. He has become very jealous and insecure for no reason. He wasn’t like this when we were dating. He has never hit me or been abusive an any way, but it really scares me that one day it will get to that. Let me give you guys a little background on what I deal with daily.
1. He thinks all of my male co -workers want me. He pops up at my place of work unannounced. I go to lunch at a different time everyday, depending on my workload. If I’m not able to go to lunch when he decides he want to pop up, he accuses me of not wanting to go to lunch with him because I’m cheating on him with one of my co workers. I’ve explained to him that he should call before he comes because I don’t know exactly when I’ll go each day, but he keeps popping up anyway. He asked one of my co-workers if we were sleeping together so now everyone at my job thinks I’m married to a lunatic.
2. He gives me a certain time to be home from work. It takes 30 minutes for me to get home. If I’m not home by 31 minutes, it’s a problem. Some days he makes me talk to him all the way home just to make sure I come straight home.
3. He goes through my Facebook messages. He has questioned pretty much every male who comments or like my photos/ statuses etc. how well do they know me, where do they know me from? So now I barely post. He goes through my cell phone. I am not allowed to talk on my cell phone when I’m at home. If it rings, he answers it.
4. He uses find my iPhone to track my every move, but he doesn’t know that I know. I overheard him and a guy friend joking about it.
5. I am not allowed to hang out with my friends. No shopping, no talking on the phone, No girl time at all. Not even with family. I always make excuses when I am invited to do something because I don’t want anyone to know what’s really going on.
I don’t know how much more I can take of this. How can I get through to him? I want him to trust me. Am I doing something wrong?
Praying for this young lady. Any advice for her?