Would you consider yourself to be someone who gets along with everyone? Pretty well liked, Popular, No enemies? What about frenemies? You know…That enemy that is disguised as a friend… That low key competitor and rival. Some people have frenemies and don’t even know it. How do you know if your friend is really a frenemy?
Here’s 10 Signs of a Frenemy:
1. Whenever you have good news, They always have BETTER news. And trust me their news will always outshine yours.
2. Contrary to belief, frenemies don’t only come around when things are good. They come around when things are bad because misery loves company. They get a kick out of seeing you at your worst.
3. Whenever you need someone to confide in or a shoulder to cry on, somehow the conversation shifts right back to them. It’s ALWAYS about them.
4. They brag a lot whenever you’re around them. Not because they think they’re all that! But because they want YOU to think that they’re all that. Good ole reversed psychology!
5. They are always negative or telling you why something (idea, goal, etc.) will not work instead of trying to help you figure out how to make it work.
6. They are always giving you advice they would never follow themselves. It’s a setup! They wanna see you fail.
7. Everything’s a competition with them. You get a new car/ They get a new truck, You lose 5lbs/ They lose 10lbs. You see the pattern? They are always going to out do everything you do.
8. “Congratulations”, “I’m proud of you”, or “I’m happy for you” don’t exist in their vocabulary. They’re secretly admiring you and hating on you at the same time.
9. You can’t tell them anything you don’t want the whole world to know, because they’re worst at keeping secrets than Wendy Williams.
10. They insult you with compliments. ” Your hair looks nice for a change”
Sometimes people are unaware of their behavior. If you find that you have a friend who you feel could be a better friend, express your feelings to them. If they are a true friend, they won’t be offended. Take this also as an opportunity to ask them what you can do ,to be a better friend to them. You might be surprised at their answer as well. But don’t be offended.
Remember… everyone who disagrees with you, is not your enemy and everyone who agrees with you, is not your friend!