When I trusted God to heal my broken heart, amazing things started to happen.
Sometimes because of my human frailty, I still catch myself thinking about the past. But instead of wallowing in hatred and being bitter, I just shrug off all the bad memories and tell myself that it was all for the best. A great learning lesson.
Here’s 15 Things That Happened When I Allowed God to Heal My Broken Heart…
1. When I allowed God to heal my broken heart, anger no longer consumed me. Vindictive thoughts no longer occupied my mind. Depression no longer gets the best of me.
2. I no longer think of the past with regret and hatred. I no longer wish ill for the people who betrayed me.
3. I no longer wake up not knowing what to do or where to go. I have found my purpose.
4. I have become more grateful than ever. I finally quit my quest in searching for answers and reasons, and let not human understanding explain everything, but allowed my trust in God to give me peace and surrender.
5. I finally welcomed joy again and rid myself of all bitterness in my heart. I would not have known joy, if I had not known pain.
6. When I allowed God to heal my broken heart, He sent people not to help me understand how life works, but simply appreciate life as it is. He gave me new friends and mentors who showed me that there’s always hope, even for a heart that has been broken beyond repair.
7. I became a witness. A living testimony. If I were not broken, I would not have witnessed the healing power of God’s love.
8. I became more appreciative. I would not have learned how to appreciate each blessing that I have, had I not known loss.
9. I drew closer to God. I prayed more. I would not have felt His strength lifting me up had I not been down on my knees, defeated, beaten, and at my weakest.
10. I decided to guard my heart. Had I not experienced heartbreak, I would still be naïve, thinking I could trust anybody who comes along and offers me a promising future.
11. I learned that only God could fill my empty love tank. I would not have learned the true meaning of the verse “I can do all things I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
12. I learned to be more self sufficient. Before I would have been too compliant, too dependent on other people.
13. When I allowed God to heal my broken heart, I began to see life from a different perspective. I have loved more selflessly, I have been more cautious, and I have learned to thank and praise God in every season.
14. I have summoned the courage to face a new day and I have learned to move on despite the fear of not knowing what is beyond what I can see.
15. When I allowed God to heal my broken heart, I allowed Him to embrace me and to love me the way only He could. I still get scared sometimes. But not for long, and the fear is not as intense as it was before. For God’s healing power is His perfect love, and perfect love casts out all fears.